Poland's Lotos refinery eyes U.S. oil in diversification drive -Puls Biznesu
Petroleumworld 07 19 2017
* Poland's second biggest refiner Lotos, which refines mostly Russian oil, is considering further diversification of supply and is looking at potential deliveries from the United States, newspaper Puls Biznesu quoted the company's CEO as saying.
* "We had not waited until the official visit of President Trump with testing the American market. We started before and continue to analyse the parameters of various types of oil," Lotos CEO Marcin Jastrzebski told Puls Biznesu.
* U.S. President Donald Trump visited Poland earlier this month.
* "In general, our aim is not spot purchases, but signing a long-term contract," Jastrzebski also said.
* He added that U.S. oil has not yet been physically tested in Lotos' refinery in Poland.
* Last year state-run Lotos received a delivery from Iran as part of its diversification plans.
-- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
Story from Reuters.
07 18 2017
We invite all our readers to share with us
their views and comments about this article.
Write to email@example.com
By using this link, you agree to allow PW
to publish your comments on our letters page.
Any question or suggestions,
please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Viewed with IE 5.01+ Windows NT 4.0, '95,
'98,ME,XP, Vista, Windows 7,8,10 +/ 800x600 pixels