New target for co2 emissions set Statoil from Norway
Petroleumworld 09 25 2017
* Says has achieved its 2015 target of reducing co2 emissions from Norwegian continental shelf (NCS) by 1.2 million tonnes annually from 2008 to 2020
* In 2008 the petroleum industry, under the direction of Konkraft, set a collective energy efficiency goal equivalent to 1 million tonnes of CO2 per year between 2008 and 2020. Statoil's share of this was 800,000 tonnes
* In 2015 Statoil achieved this goal, and therefore the company raised its target by 50 percent to 1.2 million tonnes the same year
* Aims now to reduce CO2 emissions from the NCS by another 2 million tonnes by 2030, i.e. a total of 3.2 million per year
* In August 2016, the petroleum industry, under the direction of the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association, launched an ambition of introducing carbon reduction measures equivalent to 2.5 million tonnes on the NCS by 2030, compared with 2020. Statoil's share of this is 2 million tonnes
Reporting By Ole Petter Skonnord from Reuters.
reuters.com 09 22 2017
We invite all our readers to share with us
their views and comments about this article.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this link, you agree to allow PW
to publish your comments on our letters page.
Any question or suggestions,
please write to: email@example.com
Best Viewed with IE 5.01+ Windows NT 4.0, '95,
'98,ME,XP, Vista, Windows 7,8,10 +/ 800x600 pixels