China applies new quality standard to measure Russian crude
Petroleumworld 01 16 2018
* China has since this month started using a new standard to measure water content in the imported pipeline crude oil from Russia to better safeguard China's economic interest, state energy giant CNPC said on Monday
* Chinese quality inspectors found the Russian way of measuring shows a much lower water content in the crude oil than it actually carries, CNPC said
* After consultations, the two sides agreed to use the Chinese standard
* China has since 2011 been importing Russian crude oil under a government agreement via the East Siberia Pacific Ocean pipeline that enters China at border town of Mohe
* Russia's top oil producer Rosneft is set to deliver 600,000 barrels per day of ESPO blend to PetroChina, CNPC's listed arm, this year, up 50 percent from 2017
Reporting by Chen Aizhu from Reuters.
reuters.com 01 15 2017
We invite all our readers to share with us
their views and comments about this article.
Write to email@example.com
By using this link, you agree to allow PW
to publish your comments on our letters page.
Any question or suggestions,
please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Viewed with IE 5.01+ Windows NT 4.0, '95,
'98,ME,XP, Vista, Windows 7,8,10 +/ 800x600 pixels